Health Office 201-933-6777 Extension 5633
We are all looking forward to a happy healthy school year. In order to help all the children stay as healthy as possible, I would like to review a few rules and offer some suggestions
1. Medication can only be given in school if, it is provided in the original container, accompanied by a signed prescription, and written permission from a parent or guardian is provided. If your child needs medication in school ,please contact me and I will provide you with needed paper work.
2. If your child has a fever or has been vomiting, he/she should be symptom free (without the aid of Tylenol or any other medication) for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
3. If a medication for a communicable disease has been prescribed for your child (Pink Eye, Strep Throat), he/ she should have taken the medication for 24 hours before returning to school. For example, If the prescription reads ”three times a day” your child should have received three full doses.
4. Please notify the school at the start of the day if your child is absent. This call tells us that you know your child is not expected at school. For your convenience, a message can be left in the nurse's voice mail box outside of school hours.
5. Please notify us if your child is diagnosed with a communicable disease (Chicken pox, Strep Throat, Pink Eye, etc.).
6. Any child with a rash must be excluded from school unless a doctor’s note is provided.
7. Please remember to update any emergency phone numbers with the main office as needed.
8. Five consecutive days absent requires a doctor’s note to return to school.
Your cooperation in these matters will be greatly appreciated. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to call me.
Have a happy and healthy year!