Mr. Ben-Nun room 202 email@example.com
Calculus Period 1
· Concepts of Function, Limits, and Continuity
· Differentiation Rules, Application to Graphing, Rates, Approximations, and Extrema Problems
· Definite and Indefinite Integration
· Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
· Applications of Integration to Geometry and Science
· Elementary Functions
· Techniques of Integration
Department Grading Scale
· 45% Formal assessment - Test (chapter or mid-chapter)
· 15% Formal assessment - Quiz (announced)
· 10% Formal assessment - Quiz (unannounced)
· 10% Project Based Assessment – Individual grade for project
· 20% Homework and Classwork– weekly grade for homework completion rate
There will be at least one alternative assessment per marking period.
Tests and quizzes will be given every week.
Pop quizzes will be given occasionally.
Homework will be given almost every day but Friday. (With some exceptions)
Homework MUST be done every night.
Late work is due the second day after returning from an excused absence. Special cases of prolonged excused absences (more than ten school days) will be treated on a case by case basis. If the absence is not excused the work is due the day of arriving back and a penalty of one letter grade will be incurred.
NO OTHER LATE WORK OR MAKE UP WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!
RESPECT each other the teacher and school property.
Be in your assigned seat and ready when the bell rings.
Follow directions the first time they are given.
Students are expected to do their own work unless specifically told that collaboration is acceptable. When you take a test/quiz, you are expected to keep your eyes on your own paper, protect your test paper from being copied by a classmate, and not to have any notes or other unauthorized materials in your possession.